Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "W.P. McNeill" <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/06 22:31:41 UTC

Are there any Hadoop books in print that use the new API?

I've been working from the 2nd Edition of Tom White's *Hadoop: The
Definitive Guide*, but that's still old API (0.20).  Are there any books in
print that use the new API?  Separating old-API vs. new-API examples that
you find on the internet can be tricky.

Re: Are there any Hadoop books in print that use the new API?

Posted by "W.P. McNeill" <bi...@gmail.com>.
I have been looking at the example code that came with my install, which is
in the new API.  This is helpful, but it would also be good to have a
comprehensive reference.

Posted by "Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze" <s2...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Aaron Baff <Aa...@telescope.tv>.
I'll volunteer to proof read & test it ;)

I've been meaning to get around to using the new API, just haven't had the time to learn it and convert all the existing MR jobs to it.

--Aaron

Well, I am writing "Hadoop in Practice," and I think it will be a good idea
to use only the new API - are there any pointers to verify my code uses only
that?

Thank you,
Mark

Posted by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com>.