Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net> on 2008/01/25 16:24:55 UTC

ivy:install download only artifacts?

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to make the ant task <ivy:install>
run without downloading the module's ivy file, i.e. only retrieve the
artifacts?

Per

Re: ivy:install download only artifacts?

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 29, 2008 2:55 PM, Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net> wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > On Jan 25, 2008 4:24 PM, Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net>
> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm wondering if it's possible to make the ant task <ivy:install>
> >> run without downloading the module's ivy file, i.e. only retrieve the
> >> artifacts?
> >>

> > This is not supported currently. What you can do is use specific
> settings
> > where you don't set any ivy pattern for the resolver to which you
> install
> > your modules.
> >
> > Xavier
> >
> Thanks for your response. I've tried to define a new filesystem resolver
> which I've only use for installing modules.
> Even though I remove the ivy pattern element from the definition, ivy
> files are still downloaded:
> <filesystem name="libraries-local-tmp">
>              <artifact pattern="${libraries.root}/[artifact].[ext]" />
> </filesystem>

They are downloaded to get modules metadata (dependencies, artifacts
declared, ...). If you don't waqnt any metadata at all and use only default
one you can remove the ivy pattern from your source resolver too.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: ivy:install download only artifacts?

Posted by Per Hermansson <he...@bredband.net>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/