Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aileen <ai...@kriel.org> on 2013/11/13 04:18:14 UTC

solrcloud - forward update to a shard failed

Keep getting "forward update to shard ....  failed" error.  Not sure if someone else had seen it and is able to resolve.

Here is our set-up: running solrcloud 4.3.1 on 4 hosts -  2 shards, 2 replications.   Updates are from two different SolrCloud Server connections, with hard commits every 1000 documents.   We are using composite id document routing to control which shard the documents could go.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: solrcloud - forward update to a shard failed

Posted by "michael.boom" <my...@yahoo.com>.
Do you do your commit from the two indexing clients or have the autocommit
set to maxDocs = 1000 ?

-----
Thanks,
Michael

Re: solrcloud - forward update to a shard failed

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Here's a writeup on the interactions between a number of the parameters
for soft/hard commits, NRT, and transaction logs. FWIW.

http://searchhub.org/2013/08/23/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/

Best,
Erick

Posted by Aileen <ai...@kriel.org>.