Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ju...@hella.com on 2009/11/17 14:59:13 UTC

Problem with duplicated ID in FacesTree in MyFaces 1.2

Hello together,

in a MyFaces App we use t:saveState.

So we submit the page and stay on it. This causes an  inputtext field to
change to an outputtext field. (Value is now Readonly)

With MyFaces 1.1 everything works fine.

If we use MyFaces 1.2 (what we want to do) we get an "Duplicate ID in
FacesTree Error".

Any Ideas what went wrong?
As a workaround we set the inputfield proterty displayValueOnly to true,
but due to styling issues this can't be our solution.

Best regards

Jürgen Wieners

AW: Problem with duplicated ID in FacesTree in MyFaces 1.2

Posted by "Günther, Rene - Innflow AG" <re...@innflow.com>.
Hi Jürgen,

if I remember correctly (we also had duplicated id issue),  in 1.1 something
like:

<h:form id="form">
<h:panelGroupd id="outer">
<h:inputText id="input">

Renders the id as "form:outer:input".

In 1.2 it renders the id as "form:input".

That causes duplicated ids:

<h:form id="form">
<h:panelGroupd id="outer">
<h:inputText id="input">