Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joe Smithian <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/15 04:08:12 UTC

How to force Axis2 to reload aar and WSDL?

Hi

In my Tomacat & AXIS 2 web services server if DNS has been setup properly,
browsing myserverURL/services/myService?wsdl displays the WSDL file. If DNS
has not been setup it shows an AXIS2 error message and I see in the Tomcat
log that it can not access the schema links defined in the WSDL which make
sense. The problem is that it displays the same error even after configuring
the DNS. The only way to make it work is to uninstall and then reinstall the
tomcat and axis2 which is not an acceptable solution in a production
environment. So my question is how to force Tomcat/Axis2 to use the new DNS
and reload WSDL without reinstalling them? I tried deleting the tomcat
'work' directory but it didn't help.

Another related problem is that if replace the current aar with a new one
and restart tomcat it still runs the old one with the old WSDL. Again the
question is how to force Tomcat/Axis2 to use the new aar and new WSDL?

I've searched for the WSDL file in the tomcat and axis directories but
couldn't find it, is it generated dynamically?

Please comment or refer to the relevant documentation.

Thanks

Joe