Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Joel Hirsh <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/08 02:56:46 UTC

Fix for (PDFBOX-3447) is causing file that worked previously to now fail

I have files from two different sources that used to work fine on 2.0.2 (or
at least they appear to work fine) and all the text could be extracted.

I just started testing with 2.0.4 and am getting an Exception from
 at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.COSParser.parseXref(COSParser.java:320)
     org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.initialParse(PDFParser.java:194)

Tracing it down, it appears to be fix for Issue 3447, and the comment says
it needs a better idea.  Since it is causing regression, and there is no
way for my code to get around this, can there be a better solution, that
maintains the capability from 2.0.2?

Re: Fix for (PDFBOX-3447) is causing file that worked previously to now fail

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
The best would be to create a new issue and that you attach one of your
files.

Tilman

Posted by Joel Hirsh <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I meant to type 3446.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 08.01.2017 um 09:41 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Am 08.01.2017 um 03:56 schrieb Joel Hirsh:
>> I have files from two different sources that used to work fine on 2.0.2 (or
>> at least they appear to work fine) and all the text could be extracted.
>>
>> I just started testing with 2.0.4 and am getting an Exception from
>>   at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.COSParser.parseXref(COSParser.java:320)
>>       org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.initialParse(PDFParser.java:194)
>>
>> Tracing it down, it appears to be fix for Issue 3447, and the comment says
>> it needs a better idea.  Since it is causing regression, and there is no
>> way for my code to get around this, can there be a better solution, that
>> maintains the capability from 2.0.2?
>>

> PDFBOX-3447 is about pattern XStep/YStep, not text extraction.
Joel, did you mixed up the numbers? It looks like you are referring to
PDFBOX-3446, aren't you?

> Tilman

BR
Andreas

Re: Fix for (PDFBOX-3447) is causing file that worked previously to now fail

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.