Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Khanda.Rajat" <Ra...@IGT.com> on 2015/06/18 19:39:11 UTC

Need recommendation

Hi,
I have a requirement of transferring around 500 GB of logs from app server to hdfs per day. What will be the ideal kafka cluster size?

Thanks
Rajat
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary, confidential or trade secret information. This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Re: Need recommendation

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
I'm assuming you are sending data in a continuous stream and not a
single large batch:

500GB a day = 20GB an hour = 5MB a second.

A minimal 3 node cluster should work. You also need enough storage for
reasonable retention period (15TB per month).