Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Bob Johnson <bo...@tumbleweed.com> on 2001/02/21 17:23:42 UTC

Debugging via an IDE

I have successfully imported the 1.2.1rc2 JAMES distribution into my
VisualAge IDE environment (NO compile errors).

I'm unable to get any breakpoints to trigger within the James source code
portion.
I suspect that this is due to the way James is discovered/loaded from within
its jar file in the Blocks directory (rather than class-bytecode that's
located via the JVM's CLASSPATH).

How do you folks get JAMES to operate within an IDE in a fashion that allows
breakpointing & single-stepping within the James source?