Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2003/03/06 10:43:08 UTC

Error using DatabaseUpdateAction

I need help resolving the following error, which I get
when trying to use the DatabaseUpdateAction to update
the database.  Note that I have successfully used the
DatabaseAddAction from the same form to post records,
 so I assume it cannot be my descriptor file that is in error.

The message is:

 org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Could not update record :position = 5:
java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation:
You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

 Original exception : java.sql.SQLException:
Syntax error or access violation:
You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

 at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sendCommand(Unknown Source)
 at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(Unknown Source)
 at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.execSQL(Unknown Source)
 at org.gjt.mm.mysql.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
 at org.gjt.mm.mysql.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseUpdateAction.act(DatabaseUpdateAction.java:124)
 ... etc

"The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages and/or
attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto are
therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's Conditions
of Service, subject to compliance with the CSIR's internal E-mail and
Internet Policy."

Re: Error using DatabaseUpdateAction

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 06.Mar.2003 -- 11:43 AM, Derek Hohls wrote:
> I need help resolving the following error, which I get
> when trying to use the DatabaseUpdateAction to update
> the database.  Note that I have successfully used the
> DatabaseAddAction from the same form to post records,
>  so I assume it cannot be my descriptor file that is in error.
>
> The message is:
>
>  org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
> Could not update record :position = 5:
> java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

Without knowing the SQL that is created, it is difficult to guess the
error. Please enclose more of the log and the descriptor lines that
relate to this query.

You might want to try the other set of database actions - the
descriptor syntax is similar although not identical.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de