Posted to user@struts.apache.org by victor gusz <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/26 19:26:52 UTC

handle multiple input formats in a loop

Hi,

I have a tricky problem:

I will have a loop that iterates through a list
of inputs. The input formats will be either textfield
or
drop downbox. I will only know the number of or input
formats during runtime. For example, my page will
display a text filed, a drop down box; or two drop
down boxes, one textfield; etc.

Since input formats and number of them are input by
users,
I will only be able to get this info at runtime. The
question is, once a user selects an item from drop
down,
inputs an item into textfield, how can I set/get these
variable strings into/from my form bean?

Has anyone had this kind of tricky problem? I
appreciate your input.

rgds