Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by robottaway <ro...@musiciansfriend.com> on 2007/01/03 20:09:07 UTC

How does failover function for static network connector?

I would like to have a static network connection between two Amq brokers, one
running standalone and another in Servicemix!

If I use the failover="true" attribute will the network connection always be
remade when one broker goes down and then back up? This would be optimal.

I would love to use multicasting but since there are other brokers running
on the network I cannot. The other brokers are development and testing
brokers, so they should not interact with the other brokers. Is there any
way to set rules on the multicasting network connection so that it only
works for machines from certain hosts? That would be a very nice feature :)

Rob

Happy New Year all!

Re: How does failover function for static network connector?

Posted by Marlon Santos <ms...@exist.com>.
Hi,

Using failover = true reconnects the network connection when a broker goes
down then back up.

And yes, it is allowed to have 'exclusive' multicasting network connection.
http://activemq.org/site/multicast-transport-reference.html Look here...

Regards,
Marlon

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
robottaway wrote:
> I would like to have a static network connection between two Amq brokers, one
> running standalone and another in Servicemix!
>
> If I use the failover="true" attribute will the network connection always be
> remade when one broker goes down and then back up? This would be optimal.

Yes.
> I would love to use multicasting but since there are other brokers running
> on the network I cannot. The other brokers are development and testing
> brokers, so they should not interact with the other brokers. Is there any
> way to set rules on the multicasting network connection so that it only
> works for machines from certain hosts? That would be a very nice feature :)

I think this can be achieve by setting a different multicast group for
each network of brokers. i.e. multicast://production,
multicast://development