Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Russell <ma...@instantiations.com> on 2007/10/29 13:19:15 UTC

Maven Release plugin

I am about to release my first maven plugin.  I was looking at the maven-release-plugin.  This seams to do what I want.  does it
work with CVS?  If so where is the documentation for this?

I did several web searches and the only thing I can find is SVN examples.
--
Mark Russell
Instantiations, Inc.

Re: Maven Release plugin

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On 29. October 2007 Mark Russell wrote:
> I am about to release my first maven plugin.  I was looking at the
> maven-release-plugin.  This seams to do what I want.  does it work with
> CVS?

Yes it does.

> If so where is the documentation for this?

It uses maven's SCM infrastructure. See [1] for details.

> I did several web searches and the only thing I can find is SVN examples.

For CVS use a URL like this:
scm:cvs:pserver:<user>@<server>:<repository-path>:<module>

hth,
- martin

[1] http://maven.apache.org/scm/

--
Martin Höller                   | martin.hoeller@xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/

Re: Maven Release plugin

Posted by Mark Russell <ma...@instantiations.com>.
thanks to both or you for your help

Re: Maven Release plugin

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/29/07, Mark Russell <ma...@instantiations.com> wrote:
> I am about to release my first maven plugin.  I was looking at the maven-release-plugin.  This seams to do what I want.  does it
> work with CVS?  If so where is the documentation for this?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/

(It also uses Maven SCM, which Martin already provided a link for.)

--
Wendy

How to copy a zip file to a solaris test server

Posted by Gu...@tietoenator.com.
Hi,

I would like to copy a zip file to our test environment
I use the maven-assembly-plugin to generate the zip file in the target
directory.
I use the wagon-maven-plugin to copy the files from the target directory
to the tests environment.

The problem is that there are two other files in the target directory
that I don't want to copy.

So my question is:
is it possible to copy just one file with wagon or make the assembly
plugin put the zip file in another directory?

Regards
Gunnar