Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com> on 2014/10/27 17:25:38 UTC

[ANN] Heliosearch 0.08 released

http://heliosearch.org/download

Heliosearch v0.08 Features:

o  Heliosearch v0.08 is based on (and contains all features of)
Lucene/Solr 4.10.2

o  Streaming Aggregations over search results API:
    http://heliosearch.org/streaming-aggregation-for-solrcloud/

o  Optimized request logging, and added a logLimit request parameter
that limits the size of logged request parameters

o  A new faceted search module to more easily support future search features

o  A JSON Facet API to more naturally express Facet Statistics and
Nested Sub-Facets
    http://heliosearch.org/json-facet-api/

Example:
curl http://localhost:8983/solr/query -d 'q=*:*&
 json.facet={
   categories:{
     terms:{    // terms facet creates a bucket for each indexed term
in the field
       field : cat,
       facet:{
         avg_price : "avg(price)",  // average price per bucket
         num_manufacturers : "unique(manu)",  // number of unique
manufacturers per bucket
         my_subfacet: {terms: {...}}  // do a sub-facet for every bucket
       }
     }
   }
 }
'

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.org - native code faceting, facet functions,
sub-facets, off-heap data

Re: [ANN] Heliosearch 0.08 released

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>.
On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Bernd Fehling
<be...@uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Is the new faceted search module the cause why I don't have
> any lucene-facet-hs_0.08.jar in the binary distribution?

Solr has never used that (and Heliosearch doesn't either).   ES never
has either AFAIK.

> And what is with lucene-classification and lucene-replicator?

Ditto for these.

> How can I build from source, with solr/hs.xml?

The only thing hs.xml is used for is building the final package.
Other stuff uses the straight build.xml...
"ant test",  "ant example", etc...

There is a shell script in the solr/native directory to build the
native code libraries,
but if you aren't changing them it's easiest to just take the
solr/example/native directory from the heliosearch download.

Posted by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de>.