Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Mikhail Pochatkin <mp...@unison.team> on 2022/08/22 13:07:32 UTC

[VOTE] Ignite Packaging IEP

Hi Igniters,

I want to start a voting process about several points from IEP-93 [1].

1. Switch Apache Ignite build system to Gradle as default.
2. Consequently, after changing the build system to Gradle we need to add
new third party dependencies to several Gradle plugins. This is list of new
complete time deps:
    openapiGenerator = "org.openapi.generator:5.4.0"
    javacc = "com.intershop.gradle.javacc:4.0.1"
    launch4j = "edu.sc.seis.launch4j:2.5.3"
    shadow = "com.github.johnrengelman.shadow:7.1.2"
    cmake = "io.github.tomtzook.gradle-cmake:1.0.0"
    jreleaser =  "org.jreleaser:1.1.0"
3. Agreement on all target package formats for Apache Ignite distributions.

The vote is formal, see voting guidelines [3].

+1 - to accept all points above
0 - don’t care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept (explain why)

This vote will be open for at least 4 days till Friday Aug 26, 2022,
22:00 Moscow TZ.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-93%3A+Ignite+Packaging
[2] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Re: [VOTE] Ignite Packaging IEP

Posted by Alexander Polovtcev <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
With regards,
Aleksandr Polovtcev

Re: [VOTE] Ignite Packaging IEP

Posted by Aleksandr Pakhomov <ap...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Mikhail Pochatkin <mp...@unison.team>.

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.
Igniters,

What is the purpose of this vote? There is no problem during
discussion of the IEP. Silent consensus is enough here.

As I understand, aforementioned dependencies don't affect production
code, so this item doesn't require a voting process.

+1 from me. But it seems that we can go forward without any voting.

Posted by Вячеслав Коптилин <sl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Mikhail Pochatkin <mp...@unison.team>.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.