Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/11 17:36:14 UTC

SpatialHadoop

All,

SpatialHadoop[1] was pointed out to me earlier today and so far it looks
pretty good. I wonder if we could align this project with SIS? I would love
to hear what everyone thinks about geospatial on Hadoop. There are a couple
other projects that offer similar capabilities but none of them really
offer themselves with an Apache License.

Thanks!
Adam

[1] http://spatialhadoop.cs.umn.edu/

Re: SpatialHadoop

Posted by Peter K <pe...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Adam,

thanks for pointing this out!
What would you think could be used - isn't it only this package?
https://github.com/aseldawy/spatialhadoop/tree/spatial/src/core/org/apache/hadoop/spatial

BTW: spatial4j minus JTS is also ASL https://github.com/spatial4j/spatial4j
but reading this here:
http://spatial4j.16575.n6.nabble.com/Point-of-clarification-td5001136.html
clarifies a bit more: "Spatial4j is only about shapes ... If you want to
index and search these shapes in Lucene, then the Lucene spatial module
is where that code is."

Regards,
Peter.

--
GraphHopper.com - Your way is our destination!