Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/01/21 16:50:51 UTC

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project httpcomponents-client (in module httpcomponents) failed

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 15:29 +0100, ossfwot@dubioso.net wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> > _Ideally one would like to specify using the latest version of the
> > dependency code.
>
> dependency management is the major problem for
> Maven2 support in Gump. I've seen discussions
> about fake M2 repositories that serve some of
> the dependencies with Gump artifacts and others
> from a real M2 repo. Don't know how it is actually
> handled, and I think there was a change announced
> that might be implemented by now. I don't have the
> time to dig into this. M2 support is experimental,
> we have to live with that or disable Gump builds.
> Or find a volunteer to add Ant files for Gump.
>
> Specifying the correct dependency for HttpClient
> in the pom.xml is required with or without Gump.
> By now, I get used to a few Gump failures every
> time we make a release.
> The last error was because HttpClient was built
> against an older revision of HttpCore. Maybe that
> had to do with Gump fallback handling when it
> couldn't find an alpha7-SNAPSHOT.

Folks,

I think we should seriously consider migrating to Continuum

http://maven.apache.org/continuum/

Oleg

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26/01/2008, Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> wrote:
> Roland Weber wrote:
> >
> > I don't mind having a Continuum if there are
> > volunteers to administrate a Solaris zone and maintain a
> > Continuum instance there.
>
> There also seems to be a shared Continuum instance:
> http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/groupSummary.action

There's also Hudson:

http://wiki.apache.org/general/Hudson
and
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/

which can be used for builds.

I've just got a login for Jakarta PMC, and will be setting up JMeter
builds there.

I don't know how Continuum works, but Hudson can do on-demand builds,
which suits JMeter.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/02/2008, Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de> wrote:
> On 26.01.2008, at 07:14, Roland Weber wrote:
>
> > Roland Weber wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't mind having a Continuum if there are
> >> volunteers to administrate a Solaris zone and maintain a
> >> Continuum instance there.
> >
> > There also seems to be a shared Continuum instance:
> > http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/groupSummary.action
>
> Yep, please always use the shared stuff instead of adding our own.
> There's also a shared Hudson instance running somewhere.

I've set up an HC build on the ASF Continuum server.

Does not seem to be responding very well at present.

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> I think we should seriously consider migrating to Continuum
>
> http://maven.apache.org/continuum/

That won't help projects that want to use Gump and depend
on our code. I don't mind having a Continuum if there are
volunteers to administrate a Solaris zone and maintain a
Continuum instance there. But it is not a replacement for
Gump. The Gump project is running Gump for all of Apache,
we just have to keep a few XML files up to date to make it
work. If we can't figure out how to do that with Maven 2,
I might consider to adapt my local Ant build file for the
gump-trunk.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project httpcomponents-client (in module httpcomponents) failed

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 16:58 +0100, Ortwin Glück wrote:

> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > I think we should seriously consider migrating to Continuum
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/continuum/
>
> Look sorta nice, but doc is a little sparse...
>
> http://maven.apache.org/continuum/docs/1.1/user_guides/managing_builddef/builddefProject.html

Very much on a par with ours ;-)

Oleg

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project httpcomponents-client (in module httpcomponents) failed