Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by bigrender <bi...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/23 21:18:21 UTC

vps setting ofbiz

Im newbie in linux system. Im in trouble for set up system(ofbiz and
opentaps) both..

Im using linode vps server( 600 ram , 16gb hard disk. 256 swap ).

Im setting with xampp first for apache/sql

then .. installed jdk-1_5_0_12-linux-i586.bin and tomcat..

and I got full source code from svn..

and I did 1) ./ant 2) ./ant -run-install 3) ./ant -run

error messge is already using port 8080!!

so Im changing /opt/lampp/conf/server.xml

then when i try to ./ant run again..

It doesn't work ... while they are compiling ..it's freezing...like
deadlock..im'not sure..

plz let me know how to set up ofbiz system..

what's wrong with me????.. plz help me it drives me fucking crazy..

thanks!!

Re: vps setting ofbiz

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
bigrender wrote:
> Im newbie in linux system. Im in trouble for set up system(ofbiz and
> opentaps) both..
> what's wrong with me????.. plz help me it drives me

1st) Please refrain from language that could offend people.
2nd) You are overthinking the problem. All you need is Sun-JDK-1.5 or newer. You
do not want any webservices running on the box.
3rd) Learning ofBiz is HARD. Learning it and Linux at the same time should be
considered IMPOSSIBLE. You can learn ofBiz on whatever you may be more
comfortable with... Windows or MacOSX

Welcome to the world of OFBiz...

--
Walter

Re: vps setting ofbiz

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Ofbiz has it own Tomcat server
it would help to read up on ofbiz first
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation+Index
for installing and using ofbiz
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

bigrender sent the following on 9/23/2007 12:18 PM: