Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/11 02:39:39 UTC

[VOTE] Upgrade ManifoldCF to jdk 1.6 prior to next release

Folks,

When doing the dependency rework, it became clear that many of our
binary dependencies are "stuck" without fixes or upgrades because we
are still using jdk 1.5.  I'd like to get a sense from the community
whether everyone thinks we should abandon support for jdk1.5 in our
next release.  The "pros" of such a move include allowing us to
upgrade to jetty 7 (which brings in a number of bug fixes), tomcat 7
components, and off-the-shelf hsqldb builds.  I cannot at this time
identify any obvious "cons".  Please let me know your opinion.  +1 to
upgrade, from me.

Thanks,
Karl

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade ManifoldCF to jdk 1.6 prior to next release

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
+1 from me!

Piergiorgio

[RESULT][VOTE] Upgrade ManifoldCF to jdk 1.6 prior to next release

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Looks like there's no problem with going ahead with this.  The ticket
is CONNECTORS-459, and I've created a corresponding branch to work on
the ticket.

Karl

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.
+1