Posted to user@roller.apache.org by sedat ciftci <se...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/26 10:22:13 UTC

"Sort Priority" and "Display Weight" properties of bookmarks

Hello,

  I'm using Roller 3.0. Are "Sort Priority" and
"Display Weight" properties of bookmarks used? Or, the
usage of these properties depends on the theme we
select?

Note: if they are used, what are the units of them?

 Thanks,
 Sedat

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

Re: "Sort Priority" and "Display Weight" properties of bookmarks

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 2/26/07, sedat ciftci <se...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   I'm using Roller 3.0. Are "Sort Priority" and
> "Display Weight" properties of bookmarks used? Or, the
> usage of these properties depends on the theme we
> select?
Originally, the bookmarks manager was created to allow me to have a
page that looks like this
http://rollerweblogger.org/roller/page/links, a start-page of all my
favorite likes. Within each folder, I wanted some links to come first
and I wanted some to be bolder than others. Sort Priority was used to
indicate bookmark ordering withing a folder and display weight to
indicate font size or boldness.

Since then (2002 perhaps), that has fallen into disrepair. Bookmarks
are no longer sorted by display priority and no themes support the
display weight property -- but you can set and use it in your themes
if you wish.

Personally, I think bookmark management is an important piece of
Roller that enables non-developers to add lists of links to themes
without theme mods -- and I'd like to see those attributes supported.

- Dave