Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/14 02:24:52 UTC

Helloworld.vm works, Helloworld.jsp gives "screen not found"

I am trying to run a JSP.

I created a traditional screen "Helloworld.vm" and the following url works
fine:
http://localhost:8080/jsurvey/servlet/jsurvey/template/Helloworld.vm

I created a jsp page "Helloworld.jsp" and the following url displays
"Error" where "hello world" would be displayed.
http://localhost:8080/jsurvey/servlet/jsurvey/template/Helloworld.jsp

I put Helloworld.vm and Helloworld.jsp in the same directory.

My velocity.log says "Screen not found", but my Helloworld.java screen is
being found when Helloworld.vm is invoked.

[Thu Dec 13 20:03:13 EST 2001] -- ERROR --

	Exception:  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

	Requested Screen not found:
	Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
	[com.rhoderunner.jsurvey.modules, org.apache.turbine.flux.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules]
	Stack Trace follows:
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
	Requested Screen not found:
	Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
	[com.rhoderunner.jsurvey.modules, org.apache.turbine.flux.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules]
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.getInstance(ScreenLoader.java:197)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:159)
	(continued)

My TurbineResources.properties jsp relevant portion:
services.JspService.template.extension=jsp
services.JspService.default.page = JspPage
services.JspService.default.screen=BaseJspScreen
services.JspService.default.layout = JspLayout
services.JspService.default.navigation=BaseJspNavigation
services.JspService.default.error.screen = JspErrorScreen
services.JspService.default.layout.template = /Default.jsp
services.JspService.templates = /templates/app,/templates/flux
services.JspService.buffer.size = 8192

Mucho thanks.
Phillip