Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Nate Smith <na...@thebackrow.net> on 2001/08/09 19:28:28 UTC

session RTFM

Hi,
	I've read all the normal docs on sessions with embperl
(Apache::Session docs, etc) and was wondering if there was a more canonical
reference.  I'm trying to implement sessions with embperl, as I had previously
done with php with no problems.  I  used a setup like this:

<Files *.epl>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
Options ExecCGI
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_LOG /tmp/embperl.log
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE template.epl
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG dbgHeadersIn
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_DOMAIN foo.com
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "File Semaphore"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "Directory=/home/www/sessions"
PerlModule HTML::Embperl;
</Files>

But I don't see any evidence of a file actually being written to
when i access a page with %udat in it.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Nate Smith

	"Don't buy what you can't pay for. But when it comes to
	software, don't pay for what you can't buy."

Re: session RTFM

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> <Files *.epl>
> SetHandler perl-script
> PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
> Options ExecCGI
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_LOG /tmp/embperl.log
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE template.epl
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG dbgHeadersIn
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_DOMAIN foo.com
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "File Semaphore"
> PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "Directory=/home/www/sessions"
> PerlModule HTML::Embperl;
> </Files>

Move this lines out of the Files block

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "File Semaphore"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "Directory=/home/www/sessions"
PerlModule HTML::Embperl;

and make sure /home/www/sessions is writable by the httpd user. Then you
should see a message like "Embperl session management enabled" at server
startup.

Gerald