Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Rashmi Raghu <rr...@pivotal.io> on 2017/05/10 07:44:42 UTC

[VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc3

Hello Incubator PMC,

The Apache MADlib (incubating) community has voted on and approved the
proposal to release MADlib v1.11-rc3.

The voting result is available at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-madlib-dev/201705.mbox/%3CCAMtNjo%3Dwq0qQmJRTqAnef%2BtuTawXm508pQmLAcvWho0fOfkEmQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

This will be the 5th release for Apache MADlib (incubating).

The main goals of this release are:
* new module (PageRank for graph analytics with grouping support included)
* improvements to existing modules (add grouping support to Single Source
Shortest Path, reduce memory footprint of DT and RF, include NULL features
in training DT, add support for array and svec output for Pivot module,
utility to unnest 2-D arrays into rows of 1-D arrays)
* platform updates (GPDB 5)
* updates for Apache Top Level Project readiness and build process on
Apache infrastructure
* bug fixes
* doc improvements

For more information including release notes, please see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.11

To run check RAT, please do:

$mvn verify

first to get the correct RAT output.  Look inside of pom.xml to see the
classes of exceptions we're managing there for RAT.

We're voting upon the source and convenience binaries below:

Source Repository (tag):  rc/1.11-rc3
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/tree/rc/1.11-rc3

Source Files and convenience Binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/1.11-incubating-rc3/

Commit:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/commit/8e2778a3921aa99f009962756881ce4bea5eee16

KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/KEYS

For your convenience, the recent ASF licensing guidance to the MADlib
community is summarized here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/ASF+Licensing+Guidance

Please vote:

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

*** The vote will be open until Monday May 15 at 6 pm Pacific time. ***

Regards,
Rashmi Raghu

--
Rashmi Raghu, Ph.D.
Pivotal Data Science

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc3

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1 [binding]

- checked the RAT, build, NOTICE
- checked the signature, and sha512

Concern: Apache git is the primary source of the code for the release. To me,
it is more credible when you point to the commit is on the Apache server,
rather than a github.

Thanks,
  Cos

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc3

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 12:44 AM, Rashmi Raghu <rr...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hello Incubator PMC,
>
> The Apache MADlib (incubating) community has voted on and approved the
> proposal to release MADlib v1.11-rc3.
>
> The voting result is available at:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-madlib-dev/201705.mbox/%3CCAMtNjo%3Dwq0qQmJRTqAnef%2BtuTawXm508pQmLAcvWho0fOfkEmQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> This will be the 5th release for Apache MADlib (incubating).
>
> The main goals of this release are:
> * new module (PageRank for graph analytics with grouping support included)
> * improvements to existing modules (add grouping support to Single Source
> Shortest Path, reduce memory footprint of DT and RF, include NULL features
> in training DT, add support for array and svec output for Pivot module,
> utility to unnest 2-D arrays into rows of 1-D arrays)
> * platform updates (GPDB 5)
> * updates for Apache Top Level Project readiness and build process on
> Apache infrastructure
> * bug fixes
> * doc improvements
>
> For more information including release notes, please see:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.11
>
> To run check RAT, please do:
>
> $mvn verify
>
> first to get the correct RAT output.  Look inside of pom.xml to see the
> classes of exceptions we're managing there for RAT.
>
> We're voting upon the source and convenience binaries below:
>
> Source Repository (tag):  rc/1.11-rc3
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/tree/rc/1.11-rc3
>
> Source Files and convenience Binaries:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/1.11-incubating-rc3/
>
> Commit:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/commit/8e2778a3921aa99f009962756881ce4bea5eee16
>
> KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/KEYS
>
> For your convenience, the recent ASF licensing guidance to the MADlib
> community is summarized here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/ASF+Licensing+Guidance
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

+1 (binding)

* checked signatures and hashes
* check the KEYS file
* compared content of the archive to tag and git sha
* checked license headers
* checked the binary artifacts for correct licensing statements
* installed binary artifacts

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.11-rc3

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

* Signature good.
* DISCLAIMER exists
* L&N files look good.
* Apache headers in source files where appropriate [1]
* No binaries in source archive

-Taylor

[1] Pretty complex licensing situation required some “light” reading to get the full story (LEGAL-293 + background, etc.) ;)