Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Roger Brown <ro...@perfectsearchcorp.com> on 2017/12/14 21:03:14 UTC

Tablesnap with custom endpoint?

I wanted to use tablesnap for backups. Instead of s3.amazonaws.com, I
wanted to use our own s3-compatible endpoint. I could never figure it out.
Do you know how to override the S3 endpoint tablesnap uses?

Roger

Re: Tablesnap with custom endpoint?

Posted by Jon Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
Tablesnap uses boto, you may be able to override the S3 endpoint.  This Stack Overflow answer suggests it’s possible, but you might have to modify the tablesnap script a little: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32618216/overwrite-s3-endpoint-using-boto3-configuration-file <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32618216/overwrite-s3-endpoint-using-boto3-configuration-file>

Posted by Lerh Chuan Low <le...@instaclustr.com>.
Out of the box it assumes AWS S3 and is tailored to that using boto, so I
think you would have to checkout the repository and make changes to specify
a different endpoint (and submit a PR back to it if you feel it's useful :)
)

On 15 December 2017 at 08:03, Roger Brown <roger.brown@perfectsearchcorp.com