Posted to scout-dev@ws.apache.org by Robert Sauer <ro...@carnot.ag> on 2005/08/08 16:15:37 UTC

JDK 1.3 problem

Hi all,

while embedding Scout I found a small issue regarding Scout JDK 1.3
compatibility in JAXRException.
I would happily contribute a patch fixing this, because after a short code
inspection it looks like not depending on JDK 1.4 chained exceptions was a
goal originally.

Additionally I would like to propose a patch in the area of retrieving
organization and services from a registry. At first we obtained a NPE if no
services were registered for a business (starting at line 172). After fixing
this, we missed binding details for services (patching from line 267).
The problem here is, that I don't know if both fixes correct in a semantic
way, i.e. towards spec compliance. Anyways, I'm pretty sure someone on this
list will know in an instant.

Best regards,
Robert

Re: JDK 1.3 problem

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Aug 8, 2005, at 10:15 AM, Robert Sauer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> while embedding Scout I found a small issue regarding Scout JDK 1.3
> compatibility in JAXRException.
> I would happily contribute a patch fixing this, because after a
> short code
> inspection it looks like not depending on JDK 1.4 chained
> exceptions was a
> goal originally.

Works for me - will add to HEAD for 1.0 release if no one objects.

> Additionally I would like to propose a patch in the area of retrieving
> organization and services from a registry. At first we obtained a
> NPE if no
> services were registered for a business (starting at line 172).
> After fixing
> this, we missed binding details for services (patching from line 267).
> The problem here is, that I don't know if both fixes correct in a
> semantic
> way, i.e. towards spec compliance. Anyways, I'm pretty sure someone
> on this
> list will know in an instant.

Hm.  The fact that we return nulls drives me bananas, actually, and
I've been trying to get rid of those wherever possible.

I'll take a look at the BindingTemplate part when I get off of the
train and see.

THanks

geir

geirm@apache.org