Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Greg Dunn <gr...@mo.nisc.cc> on 2003/05/02 18:35:36 UTC

global-forward to a tiles definition

Using a tiles definition as a path in a global-forward does not seem to be
supported.  I have this global-forward:

<forward name="changeEmail" path="ebill.changeEmail" />

This <html:link> in my page:

Which results in this 404 error:

The requested resource (/ebill/ebill.changeEmail) is not available.

It seems to me path="my.tiles.def" should work in a global-forward the same
as it does in an Action Mapping.

What other way is there to link to a tiles definition where no Action is
required?

I could make a separate .JSP like below but having 2 JSP's per "screen"
seems wasteful to me too.

  <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>

  <%@include file="tiles/Ebill-defs.jsp" %>

  <tiles:insert beanName="ebill.default" beanScope="request">
    <tiles:put name="body" value="/ChangePasswordBody.jsp"/>
  </tiles:insert>

Greg