Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/08/16 12:38:53 UTC

Testing Two scenarios simultaneously

Hi,

I want to test a scenario in which 100 concurrent users login to do some
function and another 100 users login and do someother thing at the same
time. Is there any method in which this can be done? Will having two
threadgroups in the same testplan help, i.e, if i run the test plans will
both the thread groups be started simultaneously ?

Re: Testing Two scenarios simultaneously

Posted by Sinthika Jasmine <si...@yahoo.in>.

--- On Thu, 19/8/10, Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

That makes sense.Let me try that out.

Thanks,
Jas

From: Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Testing Two scenarios simultaneously
To: "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
Date: Thursday, 19 August, 2010, 3:18 AM

For a thread. When you have multiple threads then each one will pick one at
random and those requests execute concurrently

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Felik,

Thanks for your help. In my setup function1 is an admin activity and hence
not many users will do it,say just 50 out of 200 whereas function2 is a more
general activity done by all users. The random controller you suggested,
will make all the 200 users do both function1 and 2 in a random order ( this
is what i understood from the jmeter manual). I guess the way in which i
stated my question was misleading. I apologise for that.

Thanks again

RE: Testing Two scenarios simultaneously

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.