Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Tim Sell <tr...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/23 19:39:45 UTC

HBase jmx stats

I am collecting hbase stats from jmx.

Here's an example of the compaction stats from one of the region servers...

compactionQueueSize	0
compactionSizeAvgTime	19349729
compactionSizeMaxTime	566512933
compactionSizeMinTime	0
compactionSizeNumOps	8
compactionTimeAvgTime	83
compactionTimeMaxTime	1300
compactionTimeMinTime	0
compactionTimeNumOps	8

What does NumOps of compactionSize and compactionTime mean? is that
the total number of compactions ever?

Also, having a time suffix for compactionSize seems confusing. It
seems an artifact of this:

protected final PersistentMetricsTimeVaryingRate compactionTime =
    new PersistentMetricsTimeVaryingRate("compactionTime", registry);
protected final PersistentMetricsTimeVaryingRate compactionSize =
    new PersistentMetricsTimeVaryingRate("compactionSize", registry);

Re: HBase jmx stats

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com>.
In case anybody wants estimates of medians, Mahout has some easily
extractable code to compute medians and first and third quartiles without
keeping lots of data around.  As a side effect, it computes averages and
standard deviations as well.

I don't think that such a small thing as this warrants an entire dependency
and would be happy to extract the code in question if anybody wants this.
 Just point me at a JIRA where I should stick it.

Re: SingleColumnValueFilter

Posted by 梁景明 <fu...@gmail.com>.
FilterList list = new FilterList(FilterList.Operator.MUST_PASS_ALL, fs);

u can define a list like this

在 2011年5月25日 上午10:39, <hm...@tsmc.com>写道:

> Hi there,
>
> Can I set multiple SingleColumnValueFilter for a qualifier like following
> sample codes?
> The scan result is nothing, so I think whether the filters can combine
> these filter with "OR" instead of " AND".
> Any ideas?
>

> //=======================================================================================
>     Scan s = new Scan();
>      FilterList fl = new FilterList();
>     SingleColumnValueFilter scv1 = new SingleColumnValueFilter
> (Bytes.toBytes("cf"),
>                    Bytes.toBytes("q1"),
>                    CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL,
>                    new RegexStringComparator("^AA")) ;
>
>      SingleColumnValueFilter scv2 = new SingleColumnValueFilter
> (Bytes.toBytes("cf"),
>                    Bytes.toBytes("q1"),
>                    CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL,
>                    new RegexStringComparator("^BB")) ;
>
>      SingleColumnValueFilter scv3 = new SingleColumnValueFilter
> (Bytes.toBytes("cf"),
>                    Bytes.toBytes("q1"),
>                    CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL,
>                    new RegexStringComparator("^CC")) ;
>
>     fl.addFilter(scv1);
>     fl.addFilter(scv2);
>     fl.addFilter(scv3);
>    s.setFilter(fl);
>

> Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
> Ext: 707-2260
> Be Veg, Go Green, Save the Planet!
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
>  This email communication (and any attachments) is proprietary information
>  for the sole use of its
>  intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by anyone
>  other than the intended
>  recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
>  please notify the sender by
>  replying to this email, and then delete this email and any copies of it
>  immediately. Thank you.

SingleColumnValueFilter

Posted by hm...@tsmc.com.

Re: HBase jmx stats