Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/07 14:17:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0

After 9 month of development, we have a new minor release candidate
apache-camel-2.11.0 ready.
It comes with 656 issues resolved: new features, improvements and bug fixes
[1]. You can find the release notes here [2].

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-073/

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-073/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.11.0/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.11.0/

Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
binary. Please mention what you tested to prevent duplicate work. Your vote
counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.11.0
Vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks in advance,
Christian

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.11.0%22
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12321695

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
> - No idea how/why Maven generated this folder:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.11.0/trunk/

My guess would be that Christian had some trouble with release:prepare
and redid it without removing the tag. Happened to me before and I had
to redo the release.

Hadrian

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi

Gave the Camel in Action book a spin test and with really very minor changes
all the tests ran green. Nevertheless some points:

- Spotted the same issue as of CAMEL-6241 by the test PurchaseOrderBindyTest
on my box (setting the Locale explicitly fixed the issue). I think we should
add some notes about this by the release notes (section API
changes/breaking) ?
- The content of the PDF documentation is corrupt! But I think we can
manually generate a fresh one and update the tarballs.
- The copyright period doesn't contain 2013 which is now adjusted:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/CONF-Apache-Camel-gt-Book-Front-Cover-td5730478.html
- No idea how/why Maven generated this folder:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.11.0/trunk/

So here's my +1

Babak

Christian Mueller wrote