Posted to dev@distributedlog.apache.org by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org> on 2016/09/10 19:32:53 UTC

Re: Repackaging the package namespace

Any suggestions from mentors for the first release?

- Sijie

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
Sorry, I didn't get the chance to take a look your pull request. There is
also a pull request (updating the libthrift version in core) which will
touch quite bunch of files. I am trying to figure out a plan for
accommodate these two changes. I will try to comment on your pull request.

- Sijie

Posted by Khurrum Nasim <kh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
Khurrum,

Posted by Khurrum Nasim <kh...@gmail.com>.
Forgot the pull request -

Posted by Khurrum Nasim <kh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Khurrum Nasim <kh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Khurrum Nasim <kh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
It isn't strictly necessary, here is what the documentation says:

On Repackaging

It is recommended - but not mandated - that source is repackaged under the Apache namespace. There is no need to use the incubator namespace. For example, Java source might be repackaged to org.apache.foo.Bar or a DTD to http://dtd.apache.org/foo/bar.

Existing open source projects moving to Apache may well need to consider carefully how they will approach this transition.