Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by XiLai Dai <xl...@talend.com> on 2017/01/12 07:35:41 UTC

How to distinguish Syncope 1.2.x and 2.x

Hi, there,

In our product we want to let it support both Syncope 1.2.x and the new 2.x, but seems there is no REST api e.g. "/rest/version" to get the version info. the only way I could find is get version from the WADL response xml of http://localhost:9080/syncope/rest/?_wadl

<http://localhost:9080/syncope/rest/?_wadl>

<doc title="Apache Syncope 2.0.1"/>

Is there other more convenient way to get the version info?  Thanks!

Thanks.

Xilai

Re: How to distinguish Syncope 1.2.x and 2.x

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 12/01/2017 09:10, XiLai Dai wrote:

> Thanks Francesco! yes, I saw this /rest/platform api from the swagger
> doc of Syncope 2.0.1, but it's only existing from Syncope 2.x, for
> Syncope 1.2.x, it doesn't provide this api and nothing response
> returned when GET it.

True, Syncope 1.2 does not provide anything similar.
I  got the impression from your text below that you were not even aware
of the REST endpoint in 2.0 as you only mentioned the WADL content,
hence I provided the related info.

About 1.2, you might want to either add something similar to your own
overlay or backport the 2.0 feature (possibly strimmed down) in the
1.2.10-SNAPSHOT. The former option has the advantage for you to be
immediately available without waiting for the 1.2.10 release.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: How to distinguish Syncope 1.2.x and 2.x

Posted by XiLai Dai <xl...@talend.com>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.