Posted to dev@mrunit.apache.org by Jim Donofrio <do...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 01:48:31 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache MRUnit from Incubator

We seem to have reached consensus on this proposal. If no one minds I'll start with the +1's from the [DISCUSS] thread below. I'll leave the vote open 72 hours and if all goes well Brock as the VP can start a DISCUSS thread on general@incubator.apache.org and eventually a VOTE thread there. We should be able to make the board meeting for May 16

+1
Patrick Hunt
Chris Mattmann
Jim Donofrio
Jarek Jarcec Cecho

0 0
-1 0

X. Establish the Apache MRUnit Project

open-source software related to unit testing Apache Hadoop map
reduce jobs for distribution at no charge to the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache MRUnit Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache MRUnit Project be and hereby is
related to unit testing Apache Hadoop map reduce jobs;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache MRUnit" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache MRUnit Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache MRUnit Project; and be it further

Apache MRUnit Project:

  * Brock Noland                 brock@apache.org
  * Patrick Hunt                 phunt@apache.org
  * Nigel Daley                  nigel@apache.org
  * Eric Sammer                  esammer@apache.org
  * Aaron Kimball                kimballa@apache.org
  * Konstantin Boudnik           cos@apache.org
  * Garrett Wu                   gwu@apache.org
  * Jim Donofrio                 jdonofrio@apache.org
  * Jarek Jarcec Cecho           jarcec@apache.org

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Brock Noland
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache MRUnit, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache MRUnit PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache MRUnit Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache MRUnit Project be and hereby
Incubator MRUnit podling; and be it further

Incubator MRUnit podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Apache MRUnit from Incubator

Posted by Jim Donofrio <do...@gmail.com>.
Community vote passes. I will start a discuss thread on the incubator
general list

7 +1's
0 0's
0 -1's

IPMC +1
Patrick Hunt
Chris Mattmann

PPMC +1
Brock Noland
Dave Beech
Jim Donofrio
Jarek Jarcec Cecho

Others +1
Joey Echeverria

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache MRUnit from Incubator

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Dave Beech <da...@gmx.net>.
+1