Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gerrit Grobbelaar <ge...@redshift.co.za> on 2002/12/12 11:47:35 UTC

Catalina Directory Listing

How must I configure Catalina (Tomcat 4.1.12) so that it doesn't show a
directory listing of the directories that don't have any welcome-files? The
Valve Component? How? etc.

Currently I have a weak sollution (IMHO):
Implementing "org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet" and give it (via
web.xml):
<init-param>
  <param-name>listings</param-name>
  <param-value>false</param-value>
</init-param>
and then i just map that servlet to the directory/directories i don't want
to show a listing.

Thanks in advance
Gerrit

Re: Catalina Directory Listing

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Gerrit Grobbelaar wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:47:35 +0200
> From: Gerrit Grobbelaar <ge...@redshift.co.za>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Catalina Directory Listing
>
> How must I configure Catalina (Tomcat 4.1.12) so that it doesn't show a
> directory listing of the directories that don't have any welcome-files? The
> Valve Component? How? etc.
>
> Currently I have a weak sollution (IMHO):
> Implementing "org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet" and give it (via
> web.xml):
> <init-param>
>   <param-name>listings</param-name>
>   <param-value>false</param-value>
> </init-param>
> and then i just map that servlet to the directory/directories i don't want
> to show a listing.

If you set the listings init parameter for the "default" servlet to false
in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml, you've just changed the global default.

> Thanks in advance
> Gerrit

Craig