Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jensiator <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/04 04:42:50 UTC

Wicket 1.5 and jbpm spring configuration

I got a weird problem.
I'm changing to wicket 1.5. In some places we use Jbpm. And I use
wicket-spring. I have not setup the Jbpm myself but when we used wicket 1.4
the wicket application had a memory usage about 70 mb(taskManager). After
switching to wicket 1.5 the memory goes up to 300mb. In applicationContext I
can remove following lines and the memory drops to 100 which is ok I guess.
I just don't understand why wicket 1.5 can have anything to do with it.
Maybe some changes in my a application during porting to wicket 1.5 could be
the reason. So I  tried with a dummy wicket application. Just empty with out
any request listeners or specialized session. Still the memory increase is
there.
Anyone knows any pitfalls with above code and wicket. Or any changes with
wicket 1.5 and spring?

Re: Wicket 1.5 and jbpm spring configuration

Posted by jensiator <je...@gmail.com>.
Well I went back to wicket 1.4. And 'hey'? Still got the high memory use.
Thank god. The other developers does not have it. So it's something with my
eclipse. I run on Indigo. The others run on Helios. My Indigo memory usage
reacts on Jbpm. Weird. But I can switch to wicket 1.5 at least
Jens

Re: Wicket 1.5 and jbpm spring configuration

Posted by jensiator <je...@gmail.com>.
worth mentioning. I'm using Spring 3.0.6.RELEASE. And the JBPM is old jbpm 3.

Re: Wicket 1.5 and jbpm spring configuration

Posted by jensiator <je...@gmail.com>.
It's a bank system so I cannot give you any quickstarts. The 'suites' would
jump on me with nail boots. But there is no JBPM code at all I have mocked
it. Its enough to start and empty Wicket application. Thats why I can only
refer to the config.  I'm working in eclipse and I will try Eclipse Memory
Analysis Tool. I will need to get some more meat on the bones before I can
ask any good questions to you guys. Thanks

public class TestApp extends WebApplication {

	@Override
	public Class<? extends Page> getHomePage() {
		return StartPage.class;
	}
}

with this config.

in web.xml. I add spring constextlistener, hibernate strategy and my
standard wicket config.

<listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
</listener>
<filter>
  <filter-name>opensessioninview</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter>
 <filter-name>demofilter</filter-name>
 <filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
 init-param>
  <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
    <param-value>com.idealinvent.demobank.DemobankApplication</param-value>
 </init-param>
</filter>

I use wicket-spring to inject dao's in my components
in Application init

getComponentInstantiationListeners().add(new SpringComponentInjector(this));

But I have ruled out this because the mem problems still remain if I use a
empty standard wicket app. Just defining a start page. I just test to start
the application
applicationContext
My hibernate knowledge is weak so I have tried to use standard stuff

  dao bean defs
        <bean id="persistenceProperties"
		class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertiesFactoryBean">
		<property name="fileEncoding" value="UTF-8" />
		<property name="properties">
			<props>
				<prop
key="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect</prop>
				<prop key="hibernate.show_sql">true</prop>
				<prop key="hibernate.format_sql">false</prop>
				<prop key="hibernate.use_sql_comments">false</prop>
				<prop key="hibernate.validator.apply_to_ddl">false</prop>
				<prop key="hibernate.validator.autoregister_listener">false</prop>
			</props>
		</property>
	</bean>

	<bean id="sessionFactory"
		class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
		<property name="dataSource" ref="branchviewDataSource" />
		<property name="hibernateProperties" ref="persistenceProperties" />
		<property name="mappingLocations">
			<list>
				<value>classpath:Domains.hbm.xml</value>
			</list>
		</property>
		<property name="configLocation">
			<value>classpath:hibernate_workflows.cfg.xml</value>
		</property>
	</bean>

Re: Wicket 1.5 and jbpm spring configuration

Posted by Martin Grigorov <ma...@gmail.com>.
His code snippets are visible in Nabble. Check the link below.

Could it be because Wicket 1.4 comes with different version of Spring ?
Yourkit, JProfiler and VisualVM can help you find out
--
Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse my brevity.

Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think you're trying to post code, but as Igor indicated, it's not coming
through. Maybe you should paste into https://gist.github.com/ and give us a
link.

Not sure what your IDE is, but you might look into heap analysis tools such
as the Eclipse Memory Analysis Tool[1]. I kind of doubt there will be a
smoking gun, so you might provide a working quickstart [2].

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/mat/
[2] http://wicket.apache.org/start/quickstart.html

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
it usually helps to include the code you are referring to :)

-igor