Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/18 19:08:39 UTC

FPM to unify deb/rpm packaging?

I heard a  mention of FPM Lately from one of the bigtoppers recently ... :)

I like that idea.

Anyone use it before ?

--
jay vyas

Re: FPM to unify deb/rpm packaging?

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Actually, I honestly think this is a terrible idea, because it would require a
very signficant changes in the our build system. And all that without any
visible benefit. That's why I popped the question on IRC ;)

So, does anyone care to tell anything beneficial about it?
  Cos