Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kgururaja <kg...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/26 16:05:27 UTC

camel smpps over proxy

Hi,

We are evaluating on using apache camel + jsmpp for sending smses.
apache camel version: 2.15.1
jsmpp version: 2.1.0_6

smpp works fine with proxy, but smpps with doesn't work.

Route definition is as follows:
from(direct:start)
.to(smpps://user@smschost:smscport?password=********&httpProxyHost=proxyhostname&httpProxyPort=proxyport&registeredDelivery=1&lazySessionCreation=true)

from(smpps://user@smschost:smscport?password=********&httpProxyHost=proxyhostname&httpProxyPort=proxyport&registeredDelivery=1)
.to(direct.result)

When using smpps, we are getting the following exception:
Failed to start camel Context
java.io.IOException: SmppConnectionFactory: Unrecognized SSL message,
plaintext connection?
        at
org.apache.camel.component.smpp.SmppConnectionFactory.createConnection(SmppConnectionFactory.java:97)
        at
org.jsmpp.session.SMPPSession.connectAndBind(SMPPSession.java:221)
        at
org.jsmpp.session.SMPPSession.connectAndBind(SMPPSession.java:200)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.smpp.SmppConsumer.createSession(SmppConsumer.java:95)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.smpp.SmppConsumer.doStart(SmppConsumer.java:84)

In SmppConnectionFactory.createConnection(), for smpps, there is a HTTP
connect in SSL Socket.

Shouldn't it be tunnelling SSL through HTTP, as given below:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/samples/sockets/client/SSLSocketClientWithTunneling.java

Is there any other way to achieve the same using camel?

Regards,
Guru