Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "shigella Gazeta.pl" <sh...@gazeta.pl> on 2008/04/24 18:22:43 UTC

Setting the MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss:SSS date format in jmeter.properties

Hello,

I would like to get start/end date for each sample in log for the test case
in that format: MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss:SSS where SSS are milliseconds.

Is that possible to set that format in jmeter.properties files?

I found only how to get accuracy to the seconds for date (MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss)
or milliseconds in timestamp.

I tried to use SSS (I found S as code for millisecond on Sun Java page), but
it didn't work (I get timestamp instead of date).

Is that possible to get date in format I want or rather should I think about
writing a bash script to get date with milliseconds accuracy from timestamp?

Thanks
Zofia "Shigella" Nowinska

Re: Setting the MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss:SSS date format in jmeter.properties

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
2008/4/24 sebb <se...@gmail.com>:
> 2008/4/24 shigella Gazeta.pl <sh...@gazeta.pl>:
>
> > Hello,
>  >
>  >  I would like to get start/end date for each sample in log for the test case
>  >  in that format: MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss:SSS where SSS are milliseconds.
>  >
>  >  Is that possible to set that format in jmeter.properties files?
>
>  Yes, but it only affects the default JTL file output - i.e. the output
>  file specified by the -l command-line flag.

Sorry, that was wrong.

Most of the jmeter.save.saveservice.* properties only affect the
default output, because the Listener Configure.. button is used to
define them.

However, the timestamp_format affects CSV output for listeners
configured in the test plan as well.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.