Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2022/08/16 12:40:45 UTC

[REPORT] CouchDB

Hey all,

I just sent this report to the ASF board:

Apache CouchDB software is a document-oriented database that can be queried and
indexed in a MapReduce fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers
incremental replication with bi-directional conflict detection and resolution.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache CouchDB was founded 2008-11-19 (14 years ago)
There are currently 70 committers and 16 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 9:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Jonathan Hall on 2020-02-12.
- No new committers. Last addition was Ronny Berndt on 2022-04-08.

## Project Activity:
- Started a monthly synchronous developer meeting via Zoom, with notes
  and recordings for posterity. First iteration went very well. This
  helps with discussing technical challenges in ~90 minute deep-dives.
- Started roadmapping new plans for next major version 4.0 after
  abandoning previous FoundationDB plans earlier this year.
- A shortlist of marquee features for the 4.0 release is already in
  place.
- Further discussion about future direction beyond 4.0 has also started.

## Community Health:
- Nothing special to report here, we are chugging along nicely on all metrics.

—

Best
Jan
—