Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Rocky Jagtiani <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/04 10:53:20 UTC

not able to compile the HelloClient.java file

Hi,
I am trying follow steps from http://openejb.apache.org/hello-world.html

*and working on DOS prompt under Windows.*
*
*
*steps i worked on :*
*

1. Download and install OpenEJB

2. Not Setup the  development environment

Instead i am compiling the .java files in jdk>bin. Making a jar file
and then copying them to apps folder

3. Create the Remote Interface(Hello.java)

// code as on the link

4. Create the Bean Class (HelloBean.java)

// code as on the link

5. Compile the source code

Since we have imported the
javax.ejb.Stateless and javax.ejb.Remote annotations,
we need the corresponding lib file(in our classpath) to compile the source
code.

They are contained in openejb-3.1.1\lib\javaee-api-5.0.2.jar

c:\path of jdk\ejb>javac -cp "path of javaee-api-5.0.2.jar" Hello.java
c:\path of jdk\ejb>javac -cp "path of javaee-api-5.0.2.jar" HelloBean.java
Hello.java

6. Package the EJB
c:\path of jdk\ejb>jar cvf Helloejb.jar *.class
This would jar all class files.

7. Write an EJB Client

HelloClient.java
// code as on the link
*

*This file is not compiling. Please refer error file and suggest.*
*
*

--
Regards
Rocky Jagtiani

*Rated Gold Consultants* by *Monster India*, find us on
http://company.monsterindia.com/suvenin/index.html

Rewarded as *"Best Consultant"* in Mumbai, India by Times Job. Do find us on
http://www.timesjobs.com/RecruitmentZone/BestConsultantMumbai/suven-careers.html

Re: not able to compile the HelloClient.java file

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hmm, weird

you'll probably need to add more details to get accurate help

that said did you check you have in conf/system.properties the line:

openejb.system.apps = true

it was missing in some version(s)

*Romain Manni-Bucau*