Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Luan Cooper <gc...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/09 13:33:42 UTC

sql/table configuration naming guide/style/spec

Hi

I've read Sql Configuration guide
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/dev/table/config.html#execution-options
*which is very helpful to write sql like hive*

*example on our flink sql ide: *
set table.exec.async-lookup.timeout = 3s;
insert into xxx
select *
from xxx

*what if I want to add new configuration for idleState retention time*
java style:
tableConfig.setIdleStateRetentionTime(Time.seconds(minSeconds),
Time.seconds(maxSeconds));

*sql style we're need to support:*
set sqlstate.idle.time.retention.mintime = 1min;
insert into xxx
select *
from xxx

*So my question is what's the suggested naming spc/guide/style for new
tableConfiguration ?*
*Is there any FLIP or doc for this?*

Thanks

Re: sql/table configuration naming guide/style/spec

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Luan,

we haven't updated all config parameters to string-based options. This
is still on going. The idle state retention will be configurable in 1.12:

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Timo