Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by al_hay <al...@alanhay.net> on 2010/11/26 12:55:08 UTC

Reset Service and Inspector Button

Documentation for the InspectorButton states:

"The Tapestry Inspector enables you at runtime to examine composition of a
Tapestry application, inspect persistent page properties, clear HttpSessions
and Tapestry caches."

I have the button appearing in my pages and it successfully launches the
pop-up showing all the various attributes etc. However I cannot see any
option to clear the tapestry cache which is the function I am mainly
interested in

Where is this?

I am running my server with:

-Dorg.apache.tapestry.enable-reset-service=true

I am aware there is a disable-caching option however that makes things so
pathetically slow doing a full redeploy after every change is almost less
painful.

Re: Reset Service and Inspector Button

Posted by al_hay <al...@alanhay.net>.
Okay, I managed to find it. It was hidden way down the page after all the
session data.

Wouldn't it make more sense to display this more prominently i.e. at the top
of the engine page before the not-very-interesting session data dump.