Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Anurag Rai <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/18 17:54:51 UTC

How Slice module is invoked?

Hi all,
I was looking into OpenJPA code (kernel, persistence mainly) to understand
how the control is transferred to the Slice module.
When using Slice we set the value of property "openjpa.BrokerFactory" to
"slice". I searched in PersistenceProviderImpl, EntityManagerFactoryImpl,
BootStrap, JPAFacadeHelper etc classes but couldn't find out how setting the
property in this manner transfers the control to slice module? Could someone
please help?

Re: How Slice module is invoked?

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Hi Anurag,
  OpenJPA configuration framework uses the concept of ProductDerivation to
load almost everything. So the answer to your question lies in two files

.\openjpa-slice\src\main\resources\META-INF\services\org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ProductDerivation
and

.\openjpa-slice\src\main\java\org\apache\openjpa\slice\ProductDerivation.java

  To understand how ProductDerivation framework works, read
ProductDerivations.java

Anurag Rai wrote:

> Hi all,
> I was looking into OpenJPA code (kernel, persistence mainly) to understand
> how the control is transferred to the Slice module.
> When using Slice we set the value of property "openjpa.BrokerFactory" to
> "slice". I searched in PersistenceProviderImpl, EntityManagerFactoryImpl,
> BootStrap, JPAFacadeHelper etc classes but couldn't find out how setting
> the property in this manner transfers the control to slice module? Could
> someone please help?

-----
Pinaki Poddar                      http://ppoddar.blogspot.com/

http://www.linkedin.com/in/pinakipoddar