Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/02/07 05:32:44 UTC

[patch] for Bug 16864

I created some tests for this issue and checked them in.

Attached is a patch to fix the issue and make the tests pass, but it
needs to be reviewed.  I changed slightly the semantics of one very
important method: HttpConnection.readLine().

It now requires the a "\r\n" be present as a pair to terminate the line
(that was the root cause of bug 16846).  If the end of stream is read
before a \n\r is found, the data read up untill that point will be
returned, whereas before this was discarded.  I also tried to minimize
the number of checks in the while loop to try and speed it up a bit.

Please review the attached patch.

Jandalf.