Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by tonijim <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/10 10:39:11 UTC

Firefox3 seems to jam with the struts2 ajax theme

Hi there,
I have an application running on tomcat6. It uses postgres and hibernate.
The point is that Firefox 3 seems to jam when it tries to load the pages
that use the ajax theme.
It looks like it throws an error at some point when loading the dojo js
libraries in <s:head theme="ajax"/>. The particular page actually seems to
work properly but then it halts and displays a blank page.

I tried to import the js files manually instead of using the <s:head> tag,
and "struts/ajax/dojoRequire.js" seems troubling. Then turned the debug mode
on and the following error came up:

DEBUG: failed loading /[appname]/struts/dojo/src/widget/RichText.js with
error: [TypeError: setting a property that has only a getter, file:
http://localhost:8080/[appname]/struts/dojo/dojo.js, line: 131]

I reckon it's an issue concerning firefox 3 since the same app works on IE7,
Firefox2, Opera and Safari. Anyone knows if its a reported bug of Firefox3
or Struts2?

Regards

Re: Firefox3 seems to jam with the struts2 ajax theme

Posted by tonijim <to...@gmail.com>.
By the way, Pierrot52, I've been unable to find the first property name you
mention, security.fileuri.origin_policy, amongst my Firefox's about:config
page

Pierrot52 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Firefox 3 I've set the following two parameters in about:config and it
> seems Firefox no longer jams:
>
> security.fileuri.origin_policy 3
> security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy false
>
> If you don't see security.fileuri.origin_policy in about:config then
> right-click and create it.
>
> Ciao

Re: Re: Firefox3 seems to jam with the struts2 ajax theme

Posted by ig...@gmail.com.
Hi,

First, excuse my poor english

next,
I replace the <s:head theme="ajax" /> wich produce :

<script type="text/javascript">
    // Dojo configuration
    djConfig = {
        baseRelativePath: "/Seanergic/struts/dojo",
        isDebug: false,
        bindEncoding: "UTF-8",
        debugAtAllCosts: true// not needed, but allows the Venkman debugger to work with the includes
    };
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="/Seanergic/struts/dojo/dojo.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="/Seanergic/struts/simple/dojoRequire.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="/Seanergic/struts/ajax/dojoRequire.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="/Seanergic/struts/CommonFunctions.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="struts/optiontransferselect.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="struts/optiontransferselect.js"></script>

by

<script type="text/javascript">
    // Dojo configuration
    djConfig = {
        baseRelativePath: "/Seanergic/struts/dojo",
        isDebug: false,
        bindEncoding: "UTF-8",
        debugAtAllCosts: false// not needed, but allows the Venkman debugger to work with the includes
    };
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="/Seanergic/struts/dojo/dojo.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="/Seanergic/struts/simple/dojoRequire.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="/Seanergic/struts/ajax/dojoRequire.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="/Seanergic/struts/CommonFunctions.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="struts/optiontransferselect.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="struts/optiontransferselect.js"></script>

Here is the line i change :

        debugAtAllCosts: false// not needed, but allows the Venkman debugger to work with the includes

It seems to work...

--
This message was sent on behalf of igloob@gmail.com at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/dev@struts.apache.org/9665524.html

Re: Firefox3 seems to jam with the struts2 ajax theme

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I would highly recommend to wait until struts 2.1.x reaches the GA before
migrating your application.

Also, it's only my opinion, I think Firefox 3 is still in mega sub Beta
version because struts2 doesn't jam with Firefox 2, IE6, IE7, Safari 3.x,
and Opera 9.x

Ciao

Posted by tonijim <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierrot52 <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
http://dojotoolkit.org/support/faq/why-does-dojo-fail-load-file-urls-firefox-3

(Although it's wrong, it's close, and it provides links to relevant FF pages.)

Dave

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Try the Dojo forums, they might have a work around for it.

musachy