Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Craig Dunigan <cd...@doit.wisc.edu> on 2005/03/31 17:48:51 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Can connect on local machine, not via network

> I've setup apache on a RedHat 9.0 Linux machine. Network configuration
> is done, ping between 2 LAN computers works via IP and DNS.  On the
> local machine I can access the Apache test page on both http://localhost
> as http://192.168.120.75, which is the machine's IP offcourse. The
> problem is I can't connect to the http://192.168.120.75 from the other
> computer. I've tried to change proxy and port settings, but no result.
> Also tried to surf to the hostname, no effect. The other machine is a
> Windows XP machine. They aren't connected to the internet. Someone any
> ID?

Please don't use HTML format in email.

Sorry about the new thread, I deleted this message before I realized I
could answer it.

This is very likely the default firewall settings on RedHat.  You need to
go to the RedHat Security app and allow port 80 and/or HTTP, or learn
enough about iptables to do it directly in /etc/sysconfig/iptables.

Craig Dunigan