Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/04 11:16:19 UTC

Best practice to upgrade virtual router resource

Hello Guyz,

  May be its a lame question, I just wanted to increase the resource in my
virtual router. so I have created system service offerings with Domain
Router.
  Now i have 3 options to upgrade virtual router.
  1) Create network offering and add the same to exiting network offerings.
                             OR
  2) Increase virtual router resource by selecting newly created system
offering of virtual router

  In both the option downtime is required.

    I have tried second option but its giving dynamic scaling error
"dynamic scaling operation is not permitted for this hypervisor on system
vm"

   what an i missing to enable dynamic scaling in virtual router?
Note: i have already enabled dynamic.scaling option from global settings.

I am using xenserver 6.2 and cloudstack 4.3.