Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mihael Knezevic <m....@porta.de> on 2002/04/04 12:25:10 UTC

embedding fop

hi,

has someone been successfull on embedding fop in his/her own application.
i'm trying but it doesn't work. there are some error messages:

[ERROR]: Logger not set
[DEBUG]: using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0; Couldn't create PDF file.
File "myfile" not found.

but when use fop on the same xml file, it works.

any idea?

and perhaps someone can enlighten my on what SystemId is?

thanx.

mk

Re: embedding fop

Posted by Mihael Knezevic <m....@porta.de>.
On 2002.04.04 22:08 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Mihael Knezevic wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > has someone been successfull on embedding fop in his/her own
> application.
> > i'm trying but it doesn't work. there are some error messages:
> > [ERROR]: Logger not set
> > [DEBUG]: using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
> > SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0; Couldn't create PDF file.
> > File "myfile" not found.
> > but when use fop on the same xml file, it works.
>
> A lot of people have embedded FOP successfully.
> You'll have to supply some more information to get a useful
> answer.
> Your problem has probably something to do with resolving
> relative URIs.

sorry for me being so ignorant. my problem was the relative URI.

> > and perhaps someone can enlighten my on what SystemId is?
> If you don't know what your SystemId is, how should I?

that's no answer to my question, but as the error doesn't appear it doesn't
really matter cause i don't have any time for research the beauty and
wealth of xsl-fo and fop. i'm just happy it is working.

thanx for all your help.

mk

Re: embedding fop

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Mihael Knezevic wrote:
> hi,
>
> has someone been successfull on embedding fop in his/her own application.
> i'm trying but it doesn't work. there are some error messages:
> [ERROR]: Logger not set
> [DEBUG]: using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
> SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0; Couldn't create PDF file.
> File "myfile" not found.
> but when use fop on the same xml file, it works.

A lot of people have embedded FOP successfully.
You'll have to supply some more information to get a useful
answer.
Your problem has probably something to do with resolving
relative URIs. If you use the command line FOP application,
the current working directory is used for resolving relative
URIs. This means, if you simply give a file name, the file
will be searched in the current directory.
The servlet engine probably has some other CWD, so it won't
find the file.
Try to specify the absolute pathname of the file, like
  /my/dir/myfile or C:\my\dir\myfile
> and perhaps someone can enlighten my on what SystemId is?
If you don't know what your SystemId is, how should I?

J.Pietschmann