Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "., Manjunath (TR Technology)" <Ma...@thomsonreuters.com> on 2020/07/23 09:01:30 UTC

Macron alphabets (ā) issue

Hi Team,

We are using Apache FOP for converting files from FO to PDF. Macrons alphabets (ex :  �) are displaying as (#) hash in output PDF file. However for different special characters we are NOT seeing the issue. I have tried using Unicode and HTML entity as suggested in https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fo.html in our FO file, but this does not solved the problem. Find attached zip file containing input FO and output PDF file.

Is there any open or existing issue from Apache FOP for Macron characters ? could you please suggest if there is a work around for the same ?

Thanks,
Manju
This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and any attachments. Certain required legal entity disclosures can be accessed on our website: https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/resources/disclosures.html

RE: Macron alphabets (ā) issue

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What about configuring a custom font for your text.

https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html

Thanks

Re: Macron alphabets (ā) issue

Posted by Csaba Nánai <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Did you configure FOP with a font which contains glyphs for macron
characters? And used this font in your FO?
NO
So do it of the right way

Szeak

., Manjunath (TR Technology) <Ma...@thomsonreuters.com>