Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ford prefect <fo...@yahoo.de> on 2003/11/24 16:28:59 UTC

Most important Tapestry question for dummies like me

Hello everyone!

If someone could anser my question, it would be really
nice and it would help me a lot on my understanding of
tapestry.

Let`s reverse engineer from the html output to
tapestry.

Imagine I want to have the following output for a
webpage, one in English, one in German.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>english title</TITLE>
<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="english content">
</HEAD>

<BODY>

</BODY>

</HTML>

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>deutscher titel</TITLE>
<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="deutscher inhalt">
</HEAD>

<BODY>

</BODY>

</HTML>

The Tapestry page should look like follows (?)

<HTML>

language="?HTTP_USER_AGENT[language]?"/>

<BODY>

	_DEMO_TEXT

</BODY>

</HTML>

1. Would that be the right direction of using Tapestry
and if not how would it look like? Just forget all the
java and xml stuff for a while and just regard the
html template.

2. how would the components look like in the jwc
files? do i need a jwc file for something without
parameters?
do i need classes for those jwc components? what would
they look like?

3. how do i tell the template to use the browser
language from the HTTP_USER_AGENT variables? How would
I pass it to the component?

4. where would I specifiy the constants for both
languages?

5. or how would you do it?

Could we maybe discuss this and also add it to the
tutorial as an example?

Thank you very much!