Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/27 21:47:37 UTC

Do we really need both tgz and tjz?

Experiments in fixing releases would be faster if we could eliminate
plain gzip, on the theory that bz2 and zip between is enough.

Sadly, the assembly plugin does not have a simple way to have a
profile that controls whether to bother to run all the packaging.

Re: Do we really need both tgz and tjz?

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
Sadly, gz is probably the lowest common denominator here. Do recent versions
of, say Solaris, include bzip2?

So if we were to drop one, would it be more appropriate to drop bz2?

It sure would be nice if there were a way to produce the various compressed
artifacts after the fact.