Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/31 14:40:47 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] release checksum filename extension

To follow up on this again, the policy was recently updated to require
that the checksum extensions relate to their content, i.e for a
SHA-512 checksum we must now use .sha512.

I've made the change for the proton-j bits I just opened for vote.
When thats getting posted to the site, I'm toying with copying the
.sha checksum files on the other current releases and just updating
the site for all of them at the same time to save doing them
individually later.

As an aside, I have updated OS recently and still dont have a general
shasum program, just sha512sum etc. There looks to be a perl extension
that provides a general version, it could be that which was being
referenced below, but it doesnt seem to be a default thing so I like
the change to use .sha512.

Robbie